Sunday, February 5, 2012

Loss of Brain Cells

I’ve been feeling pretty well for a while. Weeks, actually. I’ve been feeling like a real, live person. I’m not exactly sure why, but that’s for a different day.

But lately, the last few days, I haven’t been feeling so well. I took two 5-hour naps this week. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time to “nap” for half the day. The pain is back. I can’t fall asleep (ironic, I know.) My eyes are having trouble.

But the worst part, at least today, is the loss of brain function. Last night, I was working on something that I have done hundreds of times, and I ruined it. It is sort of like writing a 25-page term paper and deleting it all with no backup. Or rebuilding an engine, getting it all finished, and realizing you don’t have the right parts or did it wrong, and you can’t start the car. It was rough.

We recovered as best as we could. This morning, I was feeling pretty confident that it was all taken care of. Then, during a live “show,” about 15 things went wrong. Some of which was my fault and problems from last night. Some of it was actually problems with the technology I was using. It was so weird. I could not for the life of me figure out how to troubleshoot and fix it. Again, I’ve done it zillions of time, and I know how to do it. Not today.

Sometimes the worst part of having Louie around is when he takes away my brain cells. I need those. I’m old enough now that I’m not growing new synapses.

One of my good friends has Lyme disease. It’s literally attacking her brain. For Christmas, I found her some stuffed/plush brain cells. (I thought it was hilarious.) I guess I need some too.

(It proves I've lost some brain cells. Just the fact that I started two paragraphs with the word "but." Don't tell my English teachers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment