Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Good Pain

I never work out anymore. I’ve never really enjoyed it that much, but now it wears me out way too much for it to be worth it. Twenty minutes of light exercise wears me out, and I end up needing a 3-hour nap. My doctor actually gave me permission to not exercise if I’m going to have to pay for it later.

But I’ve been doing physical therapy, and my therapist, Juan, has been having me do some exercises. (I guess that’s his job.) About two weeks ago, we were working on some things. He told me I’d be sore the next day. Actually, he told me it would hurt when I sneeze. This particular exercise involved whopping 4 pound weights.

For the next two days, I was sore. But it was a good sore. It was the first time in a long time I hurt from doing something. It was a good pain.

I guess part of me misses that. Either the pain-on-purpose or pain from working out made me a little happy. Sometimes pain can be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment