Monday, December 27, 2010

Louisville

My dear friend lives in Louisville, Kentucky. But it’s not pronounced “Louisville.” It’s more like “loo-a-vul” or “loo-vul.” There are other Louisvilles, though. Colorado, Indiana, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, New York, Nebraska, Illinois, Alabama, Kansas, Maryland, Quebec (Canada), and Belize (South America) all have their own Louisvilles. Some of them are pronounced as spelled, and others are more like “Louie-ville.” That’s where I live, I think.

Lately, the Louie part of my life has been much more noticeable.

The pain isn’t too bad. Some in my fingers and toes; small joints. Nothing I can’t deal with. But the fatigue is killing me!

A few nights ago, I collapsed into bed at 7, after doing my best to stay awake since 5. In the evening! Last night, I fell asleep at 5, slept through my alarm and woke up at 9 to a message on my phone. I did my best to be awake, and stayed that way for an entire hour, then slept for another 12. That’s 17 hours!

In the last few weeks, I’ve slept through my alarm more times than I can count. I can barely stay awake for anything. I’ve canceled big plans due to exhaustion.

Extreme fatigue is what took me into the doctor in the first place. Two plus years later, it hasn’t gotten any better. How is one supposed to do life? How is one supposed to live like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment